Do you want an opportunity to flex your muscles as a curator, using a unique array of multi-media content to create an event which stays in the mind of its attendees for months to come?
Pop My Mind is looking for proposals from pairs of curators to plan and execute an extraordinary creative event. The guest curators will be granted permission to use the content from popmymind.com as well as incorporate external elements which link with ideas and ethos of Pop My Mind.
What is the challenge?
Give me some examples…
You could curate a music event, film-screening, poetry slam, multi-media exhibition…or a combination!
How does it work?
The core Pop My Mind team will provide light-touch support and liaise with you throughout the process. Guest curators will be given a welcome pack which helps to advice and outline certain requirements. The Pop My Mind Core team will also help you to publicise the event and where possible will attend the event. If work is sold at the exhibition guest curators will receive 30% commission which is usually paid to the Pop My Mind team.
What will I get out of this process?
- Get more involved with Pop My Mind. Former guest curators who have been involved in volunteering with us, have gone on to make more events, and have been hired by us, so the opportunity really gets you involved in the core team and running of PMM.
- Theoretical standpoints, with significant academic weight can be applied to the Pop My Mind concept (for example the notion of dialogism or contemporary creative practice in the digital age). This experience could contribute very positively to your course if you’re studying one.
- If any work is sold at the exhibition the guest curators will receive commission.
- This is a great opportunity to work as an independent curator for a lively creative company.
How to apply
- Please send both of your CVs via email to Laurel Berry
- Send a proposal outlining your ideas for this project including the answers to the following points
- When do you want to host the exhibition/event?
- Where do you want to host it (place & venue)
- What work do you want to exhibit – a) existing work on Pop My Mind or b) new work generated via a seeded theme. If option a) then what work ? b) what theme or prompt do you propose to seed in and why? Any extra visuals or clips you can provide the better.
- How do you plan to fund the exhibition (business sponsorship or grants?) and what is your experience in this area?
- Please also answer theses additional questions:
- What is your full time profession ?
- How long do you think you will realistically be able to dedicate to this project?
- What is it about Pop My Mind and this opportunity that appeals to you?
- How do you think your event will help Pop My Mind gain talented creative members?
If you have any questions about the above points please don’t hesitate to call or email Pop My Mind’s Curator, Laurel…
07788 256 024
Looking forward to hearing from you !